Friday, July 3, 2015

Bring on the pets...



He is always there for me with unconditional love. He encourages me to play and move and be silly and have fun. He cheers me up when I am blue and snuggles with me when I need a snuggle. Sounds like the perfect friend, right? Well, he is. And he’s my dog! (The picture is my dog Wolfgang in one of his favorite spots...he loved to travel!)


Having strong connections with others is important, but there is something about a canine friend that just makes me feel special.  And, it’s one of the best and easiest ways I know to improve my health! There are many studies that show the benefits of having a pet – from decreasing blood pressure to lessening depression to encouraging exercise. Of course, it doesn’t have to be a dog – a cat, turtle, bird or even the squirrel that lives in the tree in your front yard. ….whatever you want to become friends with will work! Just make that connection!

For the month of July, we are going to focus on the benefits of pets to our mental and physical health every Monday. Be sure to check out our furry friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment