Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Visualizing!



Visualizing is a newer concept for me, but already it’s worked! Visualize things you want, things you want to change, and your future....whatever you want! Practice visualization every day because it can be difficult at first. It helps when doing it during meditation or when you are away from distractions. See something in your mind and then make it a reality.
 I practice every night before bed by visualizing the next day and how I want it to go. I visualize everything from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. I even pay attention to my surroundings including the taste of food I would eat or feel everything I touch. It’s a great way to practice visualizing.
When visualizing anything, try to use the five senses. I practice this all the time. I see where I am and what I’m doing. I feel what I’m doing, the temperature, and the texture of everything. I hear what’s around me, smell what I can, and taste any food or drink. It’s a great way to practice visualizing.
            One thing that really worked for me was using a board in my room with pictures of future travel destinations and items I want. I would look at each picture every night and visualize it in my life. For example, one of the travel destinations was Paris. I would not only picture myself there, but I would imagine the smells and sounds around me. I had never been to Paris before, so I had to guess. That was fine because using more senses made the visualization more realistic. The great thing is that I visualized something to come and it came! I went to Paris for 10 days with my husband and had the most amazing time.
            I started to run out of room to have a large board in my room so I made a visual journal. It was just a small journal that I kept next to my bed. I cut out pictures similar to those on my board as well as quotes I found. I put them in the journal and it became a nice ritual before bed every night to use this journal to visualize. Having pictures helped me really see what I wanted.
Tips

  • ·         Start of small, maybe just your next day
  • ·         Practice using the 5 senses
  • ·         Visualize away from distractions or while meditating
  • ·         Create a reminder to visualize such as a board, journal, or notice on your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment