Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Joys of Meditation!


Meditation is an extremely beneficial practice. It’s a wonderful way to relax, hold an intention, and release negative thoughts or feelings. It’s great for both the body and mind.

Meditation has become a large and beneficial part of my life. It has helped me in so many ways. I’ve found that when I’m upset or stressed, I take a few minutes, sometimes not even a full minute, and focus on taking deep breaths. By focusing on my breathing, I forget about whatever stressed me out or upset me. This is a great way to handle problems, because instead of bringing more anger and frustration to the situation, you’re calm and ready to create a reasonable solution. I also found that by meditating, I can connect with myself quickly. We all lose that connection with ourselves once in a while due to stress and busy schedules. For me, meditation is a way to find that connection again.   

Yoga is a very popular tool for meditation and I have become a huge fan of it. When I go to Yoga, I leave feeling both calm and rejuvenated. Yoga has many benefits that are not only physical, but also psychological.  Many of these benefits include decreases the aging process, lowers high blood pressure, reduces stress, increases creativity, happiness, and stability of emotions along with decreasing stress, depression and anxiety. I do a lot of meditation at my yoga classes but whenever I don’t have any classes I find ways to do it around the house. At night I do different exercises that include meditations. These include karma releasing, meditations for inner peace, healing, and much more. Not only were these great meditations but they relaxed me and helped me fall asleep easier. These are guided meditations, meaning it’s usually a CD with someone guiding me through the meditation. You do not have to do this if you don’t want to or are not comfortable with it. You can meditate on your own by finding a nice quiet space and eliminating all distractions for about 15-20 minutes, while focusing on relaxing, releasing stress, or whatever your intention is. You don’t even have to meditate for this long; five minutes would suffice especially if you have a busy schedule. As long as you have a little alone time to relax and rejuvenate yourself without any distractions; you will feel the benefits!

Tips
·         Find a meditative activity to join such as yoga.
·         Make a special area just for meditation
·         Take as long as you need out of your day to meditate
·         You can meditate on your own by finding a nice quiet space and eliminating all distractions.
·         When you’re upset instead of focusing on the anger, try to steal a minute or two to meditate and calm down.
…..…. don’t be limited to these ideas, think of more creative ways to meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment