Friday, May 29, 2015

My burger is how many calories?!?!?



I’m a visual person, so it wasn’t until I started measuring my food and seeing the calories in each meal that I truly understood how many calories I was eating. For a few weeks, I decided to count calories every day to really see what I was eating. What a shock! It’s especially telling when I eat out – boy the calories add up. I started taking pictures of what a 400 calorie meal looks like….to burn it into my brain! Wait until you see what I found!

For this first month, I’m comparing 400 calories of a Five Guys little cheeseburger with 400 calories of one of my favorite meals – a vegetarian chicken patty and kale-quinoa salad – a staple in my house. Here are the pics.




As you can probably guess, I left the burger meal feeling hungry and was full for hours on the quinoa salad meal. Not to mention the differences in my energy levels. What an eye-opener!

Consider figuring out how much of your favorite meal is in 400 calories. Post a pic in the comments to show us your shocking meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment